Younger, Charles B.
Charles B. Younger, Sr. (1831-1907), born in Missouri, came with his father Coleman Younger (bio in Riptide CE36) to San Jose in 1850. He began his law practice there, but soon opened an office in Santa Cruz and later moved over the hill permanently. He became F.A. Hihn’s right hand man in his business dealings. Younger married a daughter of William Waddell, the north coast lumberman, and acquired a farm on the coast just north of Santa Cruz at what is now called "Terrace Point". Younger’s son and grandson kept the property intact, and the family donated forty coastal acres to UCSC in 1973. Today it is the site of the UCSC Long Marine Lab. The family name is still attached to the adjacent Younger Lagoon