Stevens, George C.
George C. Stevens (1822-1888) was a mason who was shown on the 1866 Santa Cruz map as owner of two downtown Santa Cruz properties on Pacific Avenue. In 1862 (and maybe earlier), he was serving as a roadmaster, and in 1866 was elected to be one of three members of the first Town of Santa Cruz Board of Trustees. In 1867, "George Stevens" was noted as "mason" on a house built by John Morrow for William Effey.
Note: the photo used in Riptide for George Stevens is the same photo used for Frederick L. Stevens in Santa Cruz County History Journal Number 4.