Short, William

From Santa Cruz County history wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

William Short and his brother Samuel came to California in 1848. William came to Felton in 1867, and to Santa Cruz in 1882 (Gibson). Samuel followed in 1883 (Riptide CE36). In 1887 he had a house designed by Daniel Damkroeger, built on Ocean Street and remaining today. In 1889 Short's brother "Captain" Samuel also had a house designed by Damkroeger and built on Ocean Street (SWC p.284), but that house has not survived.

William and his wife Sarah (Clark) were Soc. of Pioneers members.