Sanborn, Lucius

From Santa Cruz County history wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Lucius Sanborn (1824-1899) was a blacksmith who, according to Chase, moved into a shop built in 1852 by Elihu Anthony where the Santa Cruz Post Office now stands. He later moved to Watsonville, where a partnership with Charles Ford launched the future Ford's department store.

Note that, in Guinn, Sanborn's first name is misspelled as "Lucian". Brother William A. also has a bio in Guinn. Lucius, William and their father William are buried in Pioneer cemetery.