Neary, Patrick

From Santa Cruz County history wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patrick Neary (1842-1933), a native of Ireland, had a commercial building constructed on Pacific Avenue in 1906, which survives today. The upper floor was remodeled by owner Redtree Properties in the early 1980s into today's Neary Business Center.

Possible misspelled relative James was shown as a property owner ("J. Nary") on the 1866 Santa Cruz map, in "Block No. 1" (Mission Hill) of the core downtown area. The property was half of an old mission adobe, acquired from Felipe Armas (or his estate) in 1864. A "James Neary" (1836-1911) is buried in the same family plot as Patrick.