Albert Jones (1829-1909), native of Maine, was a partner in a downtown livery stable, with Joseph Scott, built in 1876. Prior to that, Jones had already had a varied career, and served as County Sheriff in 1866-67. The property-owner list published with the 1866 Santa Cruz map (detail at right) showed Jones as owning a residence on a Pacific Avenue parcel (in Block 9). The house was moved to make way for the stable, which under later owners was renamed City Stables.
- John L. Chase, The Sidewalk Companion to Santa Cruz Architecture (4th ed. 2023), Chapter Five, item (34), page 152.