Hühn, Hugo

From Santa Cruz County history wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Hugo Hühn followed his better-known brother, Frederick A. Hihn, to Santa Cruz from Germany. In 1860, Hühn built the "Flatiron" building at the junction of Main and Willow Streets (which in 1866 became Front Street and Pacific Avenue). After erecting other buildings adjacent to the first, Hühn returned to Germany.