Dame, Timothy H.

From Santa Cruz County history wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Timothy Herbert Dame (1823-1886) came to California in 1848 as a sea captain, and to Santa Cruz in 1857 as captain of a coastal steamer owned by the Davis & Jordan lime company, establishing residence on Beach Hill. In the following years, he and his wife and stepdaughter owned all or part of the two adjacent lots that are now the Carmelita Cottages city-owned hostel. One of the cottages is called "Captain Dame Cottage".