Difference between revisions of "Beck, Carl"

From Santa Cruz County history wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "'''Carl Beck''' ([https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/75185869/carl-beck 1855-1932]), a German immigrant, operated the Big Trees Brewery on Market Street from 1894 to 1906. He...")
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
'''Carl Beck''' ([https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/75185869/carl-beck 1855-1932]), a German immigrant, operated the Big Trees Brewery on Market Street from 1894 to 1906. He had previously leased the former [[Bausch, George Henry|Henry Bausch Vienna Brewery]] following Bausch’s death in 1882. Beck and a partner named Ferdinand Koehn changed the name to Santa Cruz Brewery. In 1907, Beck and Koehn built a new brewery on Neary Street.
+
'''Carl Beck''' ([https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/75185869/carl-beck 1855-1932]), a German immigrant, operated the Big Trees Brewery on Market Street from 1894 to 1906. He had previously leased the former [[Bausch, George Henry|Henry Bausch Vienna Brewery]] following Bausch’s death in 1882. Beck and a partner named Ferdinand Koehn changed the name to Santa Cruz Brewery. In 1907, Beck and Koehn built a new Santa Cruz Brewery on Neary Street, which operated until 1920.
  
 
*[[The Sidewalk Companion to Santa Cruz Architecture (4th ed. 2023)]], chapter seven, item 25.
 
*[[The Sidewalk Companion to Santa Cruz Architecture (4th ed. 2023)]], chapter seven, item 25.
 +
*[http://www.oldbreweries.com/breweries-by-state/california/santa-cruz-ca-5-breweries/big-trees-brewery-ca-391a/ Old Breweries (website)]
  
 
[[Category:Persons]]
 
[[Category:Persons]]

Latest revision as of 22:14, 28 February 2023

Carl Beck (1855-1932), a German immigrant, operated the Big Trees Brewery on Market Street from 1894 to 1906. He had previously leased the former Henry Bausch Vienna Brewery following Bausch’s death in 1882. Beck and a partner named Ferdinand Koehn changed the name to Santa Cruz Brewery. In 1907, Beck and Koehn built a new Santa Cruz Brewery on Neary Street, which operated until 1920.