Santa Cruz City Hall
There have been three Santa Cruz City Halls.
- 1876 - first City Hall on Front Street. See History Pages: 30 – How the Town Became a City
- 1923 - the city bought the former Hihn mansion for the second City Hall.
- 1937 - today's City Hall opened for business.
- 1967 - a two-story annex was built, to the west (toward Chestnut St.)
- 1989 - Santa Cruz PD moved out of the earthquake-damaged north wing of City Hall.
- 1999 - Santa Cruz PD moves into new complex in November
A wall in Room 10 of the north wing now features a large print of Panorama 3: Bird's Eye View of Santa Cruz, 1877. A wall in Room 8 of the north wing has a large print of Panorama 4: Steinegger Bird's Eye View of Santa Cruz, 1888-89.