Miller, Charles F.

From Santa Cruz County history wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

"Captain" Charles Frederick "C. F." Miller got a licence from the City of Santa Cruz in 1884 to build a bathhouse on the main beach. He named it "Neptune Baths". The photo at right, taken from the landward side, shows one of the horse-drawn streetcars passing by. In the distance to the left was Miller's main competitor, the Leibbrandt brothers "Dolphin". Sons Albert and Ralph continued the business as Miller Brothers. They and the Leibbrandt brothers partnered to build the indoor "Natatorium" swimming pool, which they sold to Fred Swanton in 1903. Albert and Ralph Miller have biographies in Harrison.