Henry Meyrick was a realtor and Santa Cruz promoter in the 1870s-80s. The "Meyrick and Co Real Estate Agents Exchange & Mart" was the main ground-floor tenant in the 1878 Duncan Block, at the southwest corner of Pacific Avenue and Lincoln Street. In 1910, the building was bought by Morris Abrams.
- Santa Cruz County, Calif. Illustrations, with Historical Sketch (1879 book) includes a drawing of the 1878 commercial building owned by Duncan McPherson (page 71), where the building name "Duncan Block" (with the first "N" reversed) can be seen on the roof parapet above the corner entrance.
- In 1880, Meyrick published Santa Cruz & Monterey illustrated handbook. Access/download from HathiTrust. A keyed accompanying map is the earliest attempt at a north-to-mid-county map (there's another map of the Monterey vicinity).
- Henry Meyrick, Jr. (1864-1888) committed suicide in the year following the death of his young wife. Both are buried at Santa Cruz Memorial cemetery.
- John L. Chase, The Sidewalk Companion to Santa Cruz Architecture (4th ed. 2023), Chapter Four, item (69), page 118