Horsnyder, John H.
J. H. [John Henry] Horsnyder (1854-1927), born in Ohio, had established a "Druggist & Chemist" pharmacy business on Pacific Avenue by 1884. Business location history:
- 1884-~1900. 152 Pacific (mid-block between Church and Walnut (photo at right)
- ~1900-1906. 125 Pacific (approx. across from 152)
- 1906-1937. 132 Pacific (Lucien Heath bldg @ sw corner of Church
- 1937-1948. 108 Pacific (McPherson bldg. @ sw corner of Locust. Horsnyder's website has a 1948 photo)
- 1948-present. Soquel Ave. at Seabright
Horsnyder Pharmacy remains in 2023, on Soquel Avenue in the Eastside neighborhood.
- The Sidewalk Companion to Santa Cruz Architecture (4th ed. 2023), Chapter Five, entries (13) and (15), page 139